Wednesday, November 16, 2011

E-books -- the Challenge and Satisfaction of Publishing One

I found the process of preparing Heaven is High and the Emperor Far Away, a Play for publication as an e-book both challenging and absorbing.  As many others who have done this, I prepared by reading whatever I could and made notes of the many tips and cautions.  In the end I even used the "nuclear option" to ensure that my manuscript, done on MS Word 2003, did not contain hidden formatting artifacts.  In many ways, the process had its own rewards just as the rehearsal process has joys that are different from the satisfaction of performance.

Now I am thinking I should revisit The Battle of Chibi and consider an e-book edition for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Story

This review first appeared in Goodreads ,  https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2491467631 Rao Pingru wrote this charming "graphic nov...